Our School Children Deserve More than False Rumors.
Recently there has been frequent and intentional misrepresentation as to the make-up and distribution of the education bond money that Iredell County voters will vote on this November.
Here are the facts:
1) Seven schools in Iredell-Statesville Schools system will directly benefit from the bond. Those schools are Cool Spring Elementary, North and South Iredell High, Statesville Middle, Northview IB, Brawley Middle and Mt. Mourne IB.
2) Mooresville High School will utilize the bond money to replace a structurally unsound auditorium, construct a gymnasium that will adequately serve Mooresville’s growing student population, upfit the Magnolia Street annex to houes the current technical trade programs at NF Woods, revamp their cafeteria and renovate the current gymnasium into classroom space. More than half of Mooresville funds are earmarked for a complete renovation of the existing building, including the installation of new windows, roof, ceilings, HVAC, and electrical.
3) Mitchell Community College will build a 40,000-square-foot Health Science building to accommodate its health services program to educate professionals to fill the needs of our community.
4) These bonds address critical needs based on the findings of the Facilities Task Force, which included county commissioners, school board members, school personnel and community leaders.
5) Our community enjoys economic benefits of having three award-winning public education systems. Just this past week, Earth-Kind CEO Kari Warberg announced 380 new jobs in our county, saying, “…we selected Mooresville due to the high quality of life and schools.”
Join us in spreading the truth about our school bonds and make your voting decision based on the real facts. Learn more about how you can help.